Working out is a vital part of an individual’s day. This is the only time that some of us busy professionals and even students render for ourselves. During workout sessions, we have time for ourselves, time to tone down or tune up our bodies, and time to think. And so, there is no harm in doing our best to make this time for ourselves more fun and enjoyable.
One thing that would add to your motivation and the fun factor of working out is music. Who lives without music after all? It’s everywhere and judging from the state of the world right now when technology has already taken its toll, there is no doubt that we already have access to lots of motivational music in the market. So, if you are looking for the best songs that you can add to your workout playlist, then we are ready to help you out. Here are 20 workout songs that will surely make boost your motivation and add up to your workout fun.
- Geronimo by Sheppard– If you haven’t heard this song, then we recommend that you take the time to listen to it because this is a good one. With its somewhat happy rhythm, there is no doubt that you will have a great start when working out. Plus, the lyrics are very motivational and you surely cannot resist singing to it.
- Pocket Full of Sunshine by Natasha Beddingfield– The fast beat and the snappy lyrics will surely get you moving when listening to this song. It also poses as a great motivational song since the persona in the song delivers a somewhat strong personality where she boldly states that sticks and stones are never going to shake her.
- We Can’t Stop by Miley Cyrus– If you’re loving that routine that you just can’t stop, then this song is for you. Plus, the lyrics and the rhythm is fun and is really easy to sing to or dance to.
- Up Town Funk by Mark Robson and Bruno Mars– This song is encouraging and upbeat, a very deadly combination, getting you to dance to the rhythm or even sing with Bruno in peak parts of the song.
- Can’t Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake– Another song that will surely get you and your adrenaline going when working out, this song was featured in the movie The Smurfs so you will surely be able to incorporate it with liveliness because of our blue little friends!
- Unwritten by Natasha Beddingfield– Natasha never fails to encourage us with her songs. Though this one is more laid back than Pocket Full of Sunshine because it’s slower. However, it clearly states that your book or your story starts now. A statement that will surely encourage you to work your ass off and make a difference, make a new you.
- Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson– Let’s take it back to the oldies but goodies. This song encourages you to become something more. The persona in the song speaks to “the man in the mirror”, and asks him to change his ways. Aside from the rhythm is catchy, the pitch of the song adds more challenge when singing to it.
- Check Yes, Juliet by We the Kings- Here’s an alternative song that will surely spice up your workout routine. The song contains a story and some motivational lines when taken out of its context. “Don’t sell your heart, don’t say we’re not meant to be” Surely good for those hopeless romantics out there.
- Livin’ On a Prayer by Bon Jovi– “Whoa, we’re halfway there; Whoa, livin’ on a prayer” I reckon that nobody, except for those who hate music, doesn’t know this classic by Bon Jovi. Aside from knowing every lyric to the song’s chorus, it actually helps you push yourself more because of the added vigor that this rock song gives.
- This Girl Is On Fire by Alicia Keys– This is for my girls out there who loves Alicia. You have to be on fire when working out, and so playing this song while working out will surely give you that added fierceness and willfulness when doing your routines and pushing yourself to be better.
- What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger by Kelly Clarkson– If you have just had your heart broken and are ready to take that pain and make it your motivation, then this song is for you. Kelly killed in when she sang this song and having it played while working out will surely help you kill all those unwanted fats and toxins while imagining that you’re actually killing your ex.
- Counting Stars by One Republic– Here’s another catchy song. This one is very inspiring because it talks about the importance of being able to appreciate other things instead of counting dollars. Surely, this will turn your workout session into something motivational, relieving you from the stress that your finances have been giving you the past few days.
- 13. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham!- Another song that will surely wake you up during your early morning jogs or late night runs. This song here by Wham has been known to various artists and music lovers since it has been widely played throughout the years and is ideal for working out and getting your body in shape because of its catchy tune and lyrics.
- Shut Up And Dance by Walk The Moon– Tired of the hustle and bustle of the outside world? This song will surely suit your mood. All you have to do is shut them out and dance to the rhythm of this song and your workout session will be a blast!
- 15. Happy by Pharell Williams– Want to finally just chill and be happy while working out? Then get your headphones on and listen to this song by Pharell Williams. Don’t forget to get into your groove while you’re at it.
- 16. I Got a Feeling by Black Eyed Peas– Can’t wait ‘til tonight’s party? Then this will be the best motivational song when working out in the morning to prepare for that smashing party!
- Lose Yourself by Eminem– If you are ready to lose yourself in the music and start your intense workout routine, then you might want to listen to this song while you’re at it. This song will surely get you moving because of the strong motivational lyrics that Eminem never fails to impart.
- Monster by Skillet– For those rock lovers out there, this song is for you. There really is something about rock music that keeps most of us on the go when we are doing something and we just found the perfect song to match your rock cravings.
- Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake and Timbaland– Want to be sexy but still got a long way to go? This song is dedicated to you. Sexy Back will keep you motivated along with Justin’s sexy voice.
- Temperature by Sean Paul– Last but not the least, this snappy song by Sean Paul which will surely get your booty moving when working out at home or even in the gym. Though the lyrics aren’t that decipherable, the tune will surely leave you all sweaty even just as the song is starting.
There are lots of songs out there that will keep your adrenaline jumping. It all depends on your song preference, the genre that you are into and the kind of lyrics that you want to sing to and relate to. Music will always be there for all of us, no matter what we do, and what we go through. It’s all just a matter of choice.