Anyone would want to avoid a sprained ankle as it is the number one common injury when playing basketball. This is also experienced by both amateur and professional players. The thing is that you have no idea how long you might not engage in this sport once you have it.
When you experienced an ankle injury, it might only leave you devastated. The good thing is that you can buy basketball shoes to give support to your ankle. This is to best reduce the onset of injuries.
Below is the list of the best basketball shoes for ankle support that can best prevent injuries. Save yourself more downtime and more pain by considering one from any of these.
Reviews of the Best Basketball Shoes for Ankle Support
ASICS is a recognized multinational corporation producing sports equipment and footwear for a range of sports. It continues to inspire wearers as it introduces the ASICS Men’s Gel-Nimbus 18 Running Shoe. This is imported and is made to be 100-percent synthetic. This features a fluid ride for the cushioning and bounces back properties. It also comes with exceptional durability and reduced weight.
It has its forefoot and rearfoot gel cushioning system that soothes shock during an impact and toe-off phase. This enables movement in multiple planes. This is also while the foot moves to the gait cycle.
Among other features, it offers a heel clutching kind of system and an exoskeletal heel kind of counter. These further provide improved support and an improved fitting of the heel.
- Rubber sole
- Seamless construction
- Fluid ride and Fluid Fit
- Dimensions: 16 by 10 by 6 inches
- Size: 7
- Comes with an Outstanding cushioning
- Is Lightweight
- Comfortable to use for running and daily wear
- The lining tends to wear out
Adidas is founded as a multinational corporation in Germany. It manufactures and designs accessories, shoes, and clothing. It is by far the biggest sportswear manufacturer to find in Europe. It is also second to the largest sportswear manufacturer, which is Nike.
And now, they are happy to introduce the Adidas Men’s Crazy Explosive 2017. This is made to be mesh-synthetic. Its upper part enfolds the foot in an ultra-light comfort and adaptive support. It is constructed with a forged TPU material that adds lightweight stability and durability. This is when you need it the most.
It features an anatomical lace type of system that relieves pressure and wraps the entirety of the foot. It also has its rubber form outsole that wraps up the entirety of the midsole.
This product is intended for players thriving on unpredictability. Its upper part can provide for optimal stability. This is to achieve sharp footwork while still being ultralight. Its boost can harness the energy that is raw in you.
- Grippy form of a rubber outsole
- Anatomical lace type of system that wraps around the foot
- Mesh-synthetic material
- Dimensions: 15.2 by 10.8 by 5.1 inches
- Colors: Silver, Blue, and Royal
- Shipping weight: 2.78 pounds
- Comes with an extremely good bounce cushioning
- The finish and the material is indeed world-class
- A good recommendation for its top-notch bounce and comfort
- None, so far
Nike, Inc. is a recognized corporation that develops, designs, and manufactures footwear, equipment, apparel, services, and accessories. It is located in Beaverton in Oregon.
It is continuously introducing products that include the Air Jordan XXXII Basketball Shoes. It is likable in the sense that a lot of Michigan fans wear it. It comes with a perfect look to be worn on the weekends. It is absolutely a favorite pair of shoes among men. The good thing is that it can be worn everywhere.
- Lace-up type of closure
- Yellow accents that are interwoven
- Maize rubber type of outsole
- Pair of scissors in a graphic form
- Size: 10.5 to 11
- Awesome as a pair of shoes
- Can be worn everywhere
- None, so far
Nike, Inc. is a multinational corporation in America that designs, develops, and manufactures footwear, equipment, apparel, services, and accessories. It is located near the Beaverton in Oregon.
And today, it is happy to present Nike M Jordan that promises a great fit. It makes a perfect gift for husbands by moms. It can make anyone smiling all day because of this beautiful shoe.
- Red, blue, and black combined into one
- Dimensions: 12 by 7 by 4 inches
- Shipping weight: 2.75 pounds
- Such a good fit
- So far unique in its design
- Grandma faces an issue that a grandson cannot get on the shoe on the foot
Under Armour, Inc is a recognized company in America. It manufactures sports, casual apparel, and footwear. It is also headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. It sells Under Armour Men’s Curry 3 Basketball Shoes that fit perfectly on anyone’s feet.
It is designed with mesh and with a threadbare upper. It can indeed provide for a true balance, particularly the breathable support. It features a molded heel type of counter that delivers protection and comfort.
It also highlights a charged form of cushion midsole. It’s when it provides exceptional comfort and cushioning. It highlights a meta-wing form of a plate that stabilizes the feet. What more, it includes ana foam that provides for a maximum fit.
It ensures support, structure, and strength. The fabric perforations increase the flow of air to keep you dry, cool, and comfortable. This is as the training already starts to heat up.
It also has its molded type of heel counter, delivering ultimate protection and comfort. It combines both performance textile kind of fabrics and structural foam. The multi-directional kind of herringbone outsole provides a contoured and outsole optimum grip.
- Threadborne Upper
- Molded Heel Kind of Counter
- Meta-Wing of Plate
- Shipping weight: Four Pounds
- Dimensions: 13 by 7 by 5 inches
- Such a great fit
- Looks solid that protects the ankles
- Nice shoe due to excellent workmanship and adherence to quality standards
- Comfortable bounce and durable
- The shoes displayed do not complement the color code
This pair of basketball shoes from Under Armour comes in black. It fits sizes 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, and 11.5. Once it arrives as ordered, it can fit perfectly on your feet. The shoes are very snug. And they have good arch support. They fit well, that makes them a good pair of basketball shoes.
- Knit Sleeve that creates a locked-in and comfortable fit
- Microfiber and synthetic quarter kind of panel
- Dynamic sort of seam taping
- Signature: Stephen Curry
- Lockdown: Lace-up
- Weight: 11.1 oz
- Fits good as needed
- The shoes are so very snug
- Comes with a good arch support
- None, so far
Nike is among the recognized corporation that designs, develops, and manufactures apparel, equipment, footwear, services, and accessories. It now presents the Nike Kyrie 4 Men’s Shoes that are flexible and responsive. They are designed to complement the skills of the famous Kyrie Irving.
The basketball shoes are lightweight in its mesh supper. It also features Zoom Air, Flywire cables, rubber outsole, and suede accents.
- Suede accents
- Rubber outsole
- Zoom air
- Flywire Cables
- Lightweight mesh type of upper
- Size: 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11.5, 12, and 13
- Lockdown: Lace-Up
- Weight: 13.1 oz
- Colorways: Gold, Blue, Black, Purple, Multi, Red, Yellow, and White
- The shoes are so soft
- Perfect to use for running
- Issue on comfort
This pair of basketball shoes is liked by many for its great traction. It is fully-equipped with a React cushion. It is by far the most advanced feature it ever has. It also feels comfortable, and it looks so great.
This features a mesh version that makes it a perfect fit. It is praised for its bounciness and softness. It brings about a stopping power before the court. It is admired for its classic design being the Jordan shoes. Its outrigger is appreciated well-preventing ankle rolls.
- React cushion
- Mesh version
- Bounciness and Softness feature
- Shipping weight: 2.35 pounds
- Dimensions: 14.2 by 10.3 by 5.1 inches
- The shoe remains true to its size
- It feels comfortable
- Stopping power as liked by basketball players
- Receives a complaint that the shoes can run narrow
Nike, Inc. is a multinational corporation in America that develops, designs, and manufactures apparel, equipment, footwear, services, and accessories. It is inspiring the athletes of the world. It delivers innovative experiences and products that complement the lifestyle of people.
Now, it introduces the Nike Zoom Rize that provides for a collar placement. It contains this facet without ever sacrificing mobility. It features a padded and inner collar that enhances comfort in the entire play experience.
Its forefront provides for a responsive cushion. It results in more impact bounce and absorption. Its rubber outsole delivers stability and traction.
- Collar placement
- Padded inner kind of collar
- Zoom Air through the forefront
- Size: 7.5
- Comfort enhanced
- Stability is as promised
- Traction is delivered by the rubber outsole
- None, so far
Kyrie Irving truly is unstoppable. This Kyrie 5 is designed for its unpredictability. This also features Air Zoom and Turbo kind of cushioning. It’s when it can deliver explosive energy.
Its new technology delivers a wide forefoot type of cushioning. It also rotates well with a multi-directional cut. Its mesh upper is also engineered to be flexible, supportive, and breathable. It is also flytrap-inspired as it features an overlay clamp down to your mid-foot. It is true as you lace it up that keeps you locked in.
Its outsole holds in quickness and delivers exceptional traction through the stride and bank. Every detail of the basketball shoes complements the unique skill set of the superstar. Its five innovative features include the flytrap closure, rounded type of outsole traction, and revolutionized Air Zoom feat of Turbo.
- 5-innovative features
- Revolutionary and new Air Zoom kind of Turbo
- Flytrap closure
- Color: White/Kyrie Irving
- Sizes:10, 10.5, 12, 13
- Good quality as a shoe
- Lasts for a long time
- Plenty wide while it is a good fit
- Little tight as you get it on
Guide to Buying the Best Basketball Shoes for Ankle Support and FAQ
It is good to buy the best basketball shoes for ankle support having special characteristics. It is important as they provide cushioning for your feet. Just keep in mind that basketball is a demanding and rough game. And with the ankle support as featured, the basketball shoes are indeed a better option, especially with their higher cut.
Why Do You Need The Basketball Shoes for Ankle Support?
There are so many reasons as to why you need to buy for the best basketball shoes. For one, they make a good option to not use lightweight basketball shoes. Sturdier and heavier shoes, such as basketball shoes, indeed make a good pair.
These basketball shoes also help players in advancing their skill set. These also decrease the likelihood of suffering from an injury. The demand is immense when it comes to basketball shoes. This is also why performance sneakers are available only in limited supply. And they are truly expensive for this matter. The basketball shoes supply players with durability, traction, and ankle support.
- The midsole featured is developed using phylon materials. This thereby provides for lightweight cushioning. This also adds up some great stability
- The outsole is developed with the featured great rubber. This is to say, to bring about flexibility and great traction.
- The basketball shoe act is a shock absorber. This is as they add for the stability in the ankle. This also is about the flexibility allowing players of moving laterally
- Basketball shoes are indeed bulkier as compared to the running shoes.
Types of Basketball Shoes
Below are the types of basketball shoes that you might want to consider buying.
- Low Tops – This type enables a player to become a solid and good on-court performer. This is durable as it has the right cushioning level. It also provides for killer support in the ankle. It is impressive for its elite level of comfort and top-notch traction.
- Mid Tops – This type can provide for the added support. It enables the freedom to move. It is also is lighter as compared to the conventional and high-top type of basketball shoes. It also provides players such an increase in speed. This way, one can react and run a lot faster. It offers stability, support, and quickness.
- High-Tops – This type can provide great support to the ankle. This comes with a huge fabric type of cuff. This is what best supports the ankle. It is then less likely that the ankle breaks, moves, and rolls in the wrong direction.
What to Look for When Buying the Best Basketball Shoes?
When buying for the best basketball shoes, consider the following things below.
As you choose for these basketball shoes, do not just think about how they may have been made. Consider their looks, too. You would want shoes that function well as they make a good statement.
Choose the designs and color schemes that meet your tastes. If you want to stand out, select a style that comes with design elements and bold colors. There are signature models that come in team colors. And they may best complement your uniform.
Before lacing up a new pair, it is required to determine the size of the shoe you want. Know first your size and choose for the perfect shoe.
Some shoes are aimed at different positions. And they are then as follow:
- All-Around Player. For this position, you must look for a middle ground. So far, the mid-top type of basketball shoes provides for ankle support. And they provide you enough room to move around. This promises flexibility that makes it perfect for multi-position and hybrid basketball players.
- Forwards. For this position, what is needed is a pair of basketball shoes that highlight an extra weight. These provide for additional support and coverage.
- Guards. For this position, it makes sense to buy a low-top type of basketball shoes. The goal is to bring about ankle support that helps in moving fluidly.
- High- Upper wraps just about the ankle provide for an additional layer of stability and support. This coverage comes from extra weight.
- Mid- This can bring about a happy medium among players considering ankle support. Upper material will sit right through the ankle. This will provide the coverage with no such thing as enclosing design. This also brings about an increase in flexibility.
- Low- This is designed for agility and speed. This only has a little support on the ankle brought about by the lower profile.
To ensure upper security, basketball shoes to find should have hook & loop type of closures, straps, and zippers. These will essentially add support to the ankle. This is true to most high-top models. They also provide for an extra coverage layer over the standard laces. The added coverage would mean to say an added weight.
This is made up of a synthetic or rubber material. It serves as an entry of traction for the footwear. As you decide on buying a pair of shoes, consider a wide and flat outsole that provides for maximum balance. Look for the outsoles for the added grip. This will feature a hexagonal or herringbone pattern. This is designed to secure the feet and avoid you to slide down and up the court.
The midsole of the shoes is also where the cushioning of the footwear can be found. This is an essential part of the performance of the shoes. The midsoles mostly consist of different foams, compressed type of EVA foam and EVA.
Tips for Buying and Using Basketball Shoes
More are other significant tips to consider when buying and using basketball shoes.
- Is there a need to identify more about your playing style before buying sneakers? Yes. This is because it will depend on the shoes a type of player has to wear on. For instance, a post player will need shoes having ankle stability: the position demand landing and jumping.
- What do you think is the best choice for basketball shoes? There are many basketball shoes to choose from Nike, Adidas, and more. It is just that there is a need to understand the types of shoes that seem to be effective.
Question: What is the first thing to keep in mind when buying the best basketball shoes?
Answer: It is the comfort that comes first as a priority when buying a basketball shoe.
Question: As you consider comfort in mind, what comes next in this case?
Answer: The comfort is to be followed by choosing to fit. For as long as the shoe has an area in between the tip of the shoe and the end of the toe, it will then fit properly. It’s when proper sizing becomes essential, too.
Question: Why is it necessary to choose the right material for basketball shoes for ankle support?
Answer: It is necessary to choose the right material when it comes to basketball shoes for ankle support. The goal here is to be sure about comfort and durability. The choices of materials include canvas, synthetic leather, and leather. It is up to you to combine these materials.
Question: Who is the right one to wear the best basketball shoes for ankle support?
Answer: A novice basketball player must begin wearing these shoes. A good pair will keep one safe and protected from injuries. This is especially during such difficult games. Even those who have been playing for so many years may make use of the basketball shoes for ankle support. This means to say that both newbies and professionals can benefit from it.
Our Top Pick
We chose Air Jordan XXXII as it brings about a perfect look. It can be worn anywhere. It boasts for synthetic material, lace-up type of closure, yellow accents are interwoven, Maize rubber type of outsole, and pair of scissors in such a graphic form. It so far has no disadvantages to offer.